Successful property management is all about looking after people.
Your agent should have an excellent knowledge of relevant property and landlord tenant legislation. The ability to consistently select tenants who will pay their rent and look after your property is paramount.
Craddock Estates have all the required skills and knowledge to look after you and your property. Our charge is 10% of monthly rent, plus VAT, to take care of your investment and it’s tax deductible.
Craddock Estates are different! We charge management
fees of 10% monthly paid in arrears.
As your managing agent we will
- Look after all repairs to your property.
Over the years we have put together a team of qualified craftsmen and handymen who can be relied on to keep your property in good order. They can fix mend repair or replace whatever is needed with a minimum of intrusion for your tenant and at a reasonable price.
- We keep you advised of changes in legislation that may affect you.
If you are familiar with the Private Rented tenancies bill 2004. The Housing rented Standards Act 1997. The Multi Unit Development Act 2011. EU directive on the energy performance of buildings, The Finance Act 1998,and Revenue Leaflet IT70 then you may not need us. If any of the above are new to you then you should give John a call at 01 8330517
- Inspect your property to keep it in good condition.
You can rent a house to someone for two years without ever visiting it as long as they pay the rent on time and don’t call you. When they leave and you find it in bits the only person you can blame is yourself. Regular inspections and feedback to the tenant are essential to maintain your property in good order.
- Provide you with an annual statement to facilitate your tax returns. Revenue leaflet IT70 mentioned above explains what the revenue will allow and not allow. When we manage your property we keep track of all your invoices and income. This means that your end of year return is virtually completed for you with our statement.
- Arrange Gas, Electrical and fire safety inspections.
The electrical installation must have a periodic inspection. Then you must also gas installation must have a certificate of conformance. Your fire and smoke alarms must be sealed with a ten year battery or be mains wired. Your insurance company can give you more details on that. if you are brave enough to ask them! Or simply read the Housing rented Standards Act 1997. You must inform your insurers if your property is rented.
- Collect the rent and actively pursue arrears.
There are very few options available to a landlord if a tenant refuses to pay their rent. You can lodge a complaint with the PRTB and serve the tenant with a notice of termination. In the meantime you may not be paid. If you allow us to choose your tenants we’ll use our experience to pick honest hard working individuals. People who honour their commitments regardless of their circumstances. If something goes wrong we will deal with it. We will do this openly and honestly putting your interests before our income if needs be.
- Keyholding service for occupied and vacant properties.
- Manage the check out process when tenants are leaving.
We will check the property thoroughly for you. This means we will transfer utilities, manage post, organise redecoration. Also if required we will organise repairs to your property. These are standard services available to all our managed let clients.
- Free Management service between vacancies for existing clients.
Sometimes there is a gap between your old tenant leaving and your new tenant arriving. We will continue to look after your property for you for free. This is subject to the property being available to let on our books.